Roland Merchant is a Senior Managing Director in the New York office for CBRE Capital Advisors, Inc. Mr. Merchant joined CBRE in 2021 and brings more than 20 years of experience in finance, sales and real estate investment banking. His primary concentration has been on investment advisory and equity placement transactions in the greater New York City area. Throughout his career, Mr. Merchant has been involved in more than $20 billion of investment advisory, joint venture equity, debt placement and loan sales transactions for major public and private institutional real estate investors throughout the United States.
Previously, Mr. Merchant served as a Senior Managing Director in JLL’s Capital Markets division in New York, where he joined as part of the HFF acquisition. He started at HFF in March 2017. Before that, Mr. Merchant was at Eastdil Secured LLC for more than 13 years. Prior to Eastdil, he was an Investment Banking Associate in the Capital Markets Group at Cushman and Wakefield and the Leveraged Finance Group at Merrill Lynch.
He holds an MBA from Columbia Business School, where he was awarded the Robert A. Toigo Fellowship and a BA from Dillard University. He is an active member of Urban Land Institute (ULI), the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC), the Real Estate Roundtable (RER) President’s Council and Real Estate Executive Council (REEC). Philanthropically, Roland is the Board Chairman for the Robert Toigo Foundation Alumni Endowment Board and Vice-Chairman on the Board of Trustees for the City Parks Foundation of New York.
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, New York
- FINRA Securities Representative – Series 7 & 63
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- President’s Council, Real Estate Roundtable (RER)
- Board Member, Real Estate Executive Council (REEC)
- Board Chairman, Robert Toigo Foundation Alumni Endowment Board
- Vice Chairman, City Parks Foundation of New York Board of Trustees
- Columbia Business School, Master of Business Administration
- Dillard University, Bachelor of Arts